Saturday 2 November 2013

My 2 skinny ladies

Some years ago I adopted 2 Spanish greyhounds (Galgo Espagnol)


meet Gitana (Tana) and Simpatica (Tika)

They are the most adorable, sweet, good tempered dogs you can imagine. 

They only have a few drawbacks ... they can't be banned from the sofa (you don't have to believe me, just ask anyone who has adopted greyhounds) and because their skin is so fine, they don't like being wet or cold.

So, here are some things I have made over the years to keep them warm and dry.



Turtleneck and cable sweaters with embroidered monogram

Turtleneck (to be worn under their winter coats) can also be worn as a snood






Finding fitting coats (long in the back and narrow enough for their skinny bodies) proved to be difficult and expensive, so I made them myself. I looked at horse's winter turnout coats and went from there. As the material I used some XXXL men's anoraks that I bought at a discount store. And don't worry, Tika got an identical coat



November 3rd, 2013: today the coats were tested in the field!










No comments:

Post a Comment